Monday, April 5, 2010

music, sweet music

I am constantly obsessed with music. I have to hold myself back when it comes to buying cds (yes, I'm of the old school cd buying generation).

I have been getting back into She & Him. I bought Volume 1 ages ago and have recently been listening to it a lot in anticipation of the recently released Volume 2. I really like both albums, I heart Zooey!



My total obsession at the moment is Warpaint. I don't really know where I heard them first but after buying the EP, I'm totally into their dreamy, minimalistic yet tough and gritty sound. Here's the clip for 'Elephants':



I'm also enjoying recent releases from Broken Bells, Joanna Newsom,and Frightened Rabbit;and am slowly getting into Holly Miranda too.


One of my favourite songs of the year is The Jezabel's 'Hurt Me'. It's got great vocals, and I love its drama.



While we're on the subject, on my nails is Chanel's Rouge Noir. I heart this colour, it's a classic. I'm a teacher, and the best thing about school holidays is that I can wear darker colours that I think are too risque for the school term.


In other musings, Easter was a low key affair. For the first time in over 20 years, my family did not have an Easter hunt. Sad news indeed! It was also the first time I didn't get sick from eating too much chocolate; which is strange because I ate quite a lot. I can't work out whether I was better at practicing restraint , or whether my chocolate eating capabilities have improved?!

I hope you had a nice Easter, put off the obligatory post-Easter guilt. It can still be acceptable to eat Easter eggs and hot cross buns at all times of the day right...right???

No comments:

Post a Comment